Rates & Service Charges
Explanation of Charges
The annual User Service Charge that residential and business customers in the ISD system pay is assessed each year on county property tax statements.
Developers and property owners needing to connect to the ISD sewer system have additional fees they are responsible for. The most common service fees are outlined below.
Current Charges (As of July 1, 2017)
- Annexation Cost - The owner of the property being annexed shall pay all cost and fees due LAFCO and state plus ISD's expense related to the annexation.
- Annual Service Fee (User Charge Fee) - The annual service charge shall be equal to the total number of equivalent service units as determined above, multiplied by $658 ($54.83 per month). Annual service charges will be collected by the County Tax Collector.
- Change of Use - Where connection fees have previously been paid for sewage service for a structure, building, identifiable commercial activity, or separate premises, and it is proposed to alter the original character to use for the structure, building, identifiable commercial activity or separate premises, the Engineer shall establish and collect connection fees for the new proposed use, giving credit for a decrease in calculated fees.
- Connection Fee - The connection fee shall be equal to the total number of equivalent services units determined in Section 3 (Establishment of Units) multiplied times $1,392.
- Inspection Fee - Inspection fee for two or more equivalent units shall be equal to 4% of the construction cost as described in the above section or $50 per single inspection.
- Permit Fee - The fee charged to cover administration fees for permit issuance. The fee is $20 per permit issued.
- Plan Check Fee - Plan check fee shall be equal to 2% of the Engineer's estimated construction cost for all sewer construction including, but not limited to, sewer lines, trunkline, pump station, manholes, trenching, dewatering, backfill, paving and testing.
- Plant Capacity Fee - Plant capacity fee shall be equal to the total number of equivalent service units as determined above, multiplied by $4,985.45.
- Trunkline Capacity Fee (TLC) - Trunkline capacity fee shall be equal to the total number of equivalent service units as determined above, multiplied by $958.04.