For the past several months, Ironhouse Sanitary District's staff and the Board of Directors have been working with a visionary consultant to help plan for a sustainable future at ISD.
What exactly is a visionary plan? It's not as mystical or out there as it sounds. A vision, quite simply, is a picture of what success will be at a particular time in the future.
It encompasses answers to an array of questions:
• What does our organization look like today?
• What do we think it will look like in the future?
• What types of changes may happen in our future?
• What is our purpose today?
• What do we want our purpose to be in the future?
• Why does anyone care about what we do?
• How do people who work here feel about their jobs?
• How do I, as the general manager, a board director, a staff member, feel about our organization and what we do?
• What's my role in it?
ISD is working to establish a vision that will be strategically sound, sustainable, environmental safe for our communities and inspiring for our staff.
Once ISD completes the visioning process, we'll have a clearly articulated plan what we want the future of ISD to look like—something that staff will be able to work toward.
Creating and sustaining a vision for any organization calls for discipline and creativity. As a public entity we understand that the public is putting a lot of responsibility in our hands. We must have the strength of will, and necessary knowledge to achieve long-term goals. Hosting these meetings is just one way Ironhouse is working to meet the needs of our growing communities and building a sustainable future for our organization.